Saturday, December 5, 2009

At 16 how long does it take to become flexable in ballet?

By 16, I was nearing the end of my ballet life, but I was never able to gain much flexibility. It's entirely different from one body to the next. Some people are naturally more limber than others.



PLEASE don't overstretch your muscles trying to gain more flexibility than your body wants to have. Only stretch when your muscles are warm, and if it hurts a little, hold it there for a few seconds, and don't go any further! I have problems in my hamstrings and in tendons in my hips from trying to stretch farther than I should have.



At 16 how long does it take to become flexable in ballet?chicago theater



I've been taking ballet for 10 years, but when I don't stretch for more than 2 weeks, it can take up to 3 months to get back into condition. Be very careful about pulling a muscle, because then you won't want to stretch it! GOOD LUCK!!!



At 16 how long does it take to become flexable in ballet?met opera opera theater



years
I've been doing ballet for 17 years, and it wasn't until I started dancing in college that I began to gain my flexability. At the begining of every class we stretched for about 20 minutes. I had this class 4 days a week plus a company class at night. So if you can find the time to do a really good stretch everyday for around 30 minutes I'm sure you will begin to see results within a couple of weeks. I did.
as long as you make it



if you want to gain flexiblity faster i would suggest doing wall streches for about 30 minutes every night



wall streches are when you lay down on the ground with your legs up against the wall then you open them in second position as far as they will go and hold it [if you can hold it for longer than 30 minutes great if you cant hold it for 30 minutes yet that fine work toward it (try holding it for a minute longer than the last everytime)]



the longer you hold it, your muscles will give up and gravity will push them lower



also try reading a book or listening to music or talking on the phone cause just sitting there could get really boring
if u start any knd of dance after 12 the chances are you wont get felxible very fast. 12 and under have much more flexibility, but after that u start losing it. it might take u twice as long to do the splits compared to a 10 year old. but dont let that stop you.
Well you can sign up for dance and it really depends on how dedicated you are. If you want to get it, you will. I have found out that with dance, i can do anything that i tell myself that i can do. Of coarse if you started dance when you were very young, at the time that your bones are completly formed, you would be more flexible. But i started dance fairly late too. and i think i could say I am doing fairly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter