Thursday, December 10, 2009

How and where do I attach the ribbons/elastic on ballet point shoes?

I bought some for my sister and would like to have the ribbons attached when i give them to her.



How and where do I attach the ribbons/elastic on ballet point shoes?sheet music



I took pointe for many years and I found that the best way is to attach the elastic from one side of the arch to the other to keep the middle from flopping if the ribbon becomes loose. The ribbon itself I like to attach about half an inch farther back from the elasitc almost at the point where the achilles heel rests in the shoe(all that means towards the back) So that the ribbon kind of slants up toward the ankle when she wraps them around her ankle. It's a much more aesthetically pleasing look to me. Or, you can attach the ribbon where I just said and then attach the elsatic inside of that so that the elastic is mostly hidden when she wraps her ribbons. The former look I use for my parctice shoes and the latter I like to use for performing to cover up that elastic. If you're still unsure, go to a dance shop in your area and ask them to attach the ribbon for you or show you how. However you may want to have your sis try them on and have them fitted to make sure that they're ideal for her feet before putting on the ribbons. otherwise, they may not take them back if you have to exchange them. Fit is EXTREMEY important for a dancer "en pointe", trust me. Good luck with all this and how sweet of you to buy such a nice gift for the dancer in your life!



How and where do I attach the ribbons/elastic on ballet point shoes?state theatre opera theater



to attach the elastic,you need to fold the heel down so it's fairly close to the arch and sew it on both sides( left/right). to attach the ribbons you need to sew the end of one ribbon a little higher up than the elastic. do the ribbons on either sides and always leave one en of each ribbn loose( so she can tie them).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter