Saturday, December 5, 2009

I have really high arches can I still have a real ballet career?

My instructor says my feet "go over" too much what does this mean?



I have really high arches can I still have a real ballet career?opera cd



Usually in ballet, high arches are prized but rare as it is hard to maintain strength in ankels with high arches en pointe. However, it does not mean there is no possibility of a real ballet careey for you. In fact, if you spend a lot of time working on your releves (et cetera), your feet will be more prized for companies.



I, for one, envy you for your feet. I have relatively flat feet, and this means my feet are not so aesthetically pleasing in ballet slippers. They don't "go over" at all.



When your instructor says that your feet "go over" too much, it means that your feet are so flexible, and your arches so high, that your feet kind of "over-arch" and fall out of the tops of your shoes, so much that it is hard to support the rest of your body.



Good luck with your ballet training! Work up those arches you're blessed with. It's easier to train them than trying to bend flat feet and make them arched.



Trust me. =]



All the best!



I have really high arches can I still have a real ballet career?opera singer opera theater



go over means that your arches will over fill the shoes, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. high arches are usually a thumbs up in ballet, but can also be hazardous because of the risk of falling out of the pointe shoes. however, elastic and ribbons help to support the foot, and if you find the right shoe for your foot,you should be fine
having high arches will not prevent you from having a career in ballet. in fact, you are fortunate to have high arches because they are more asthetically pleasing and that is a natural gift to have.



going over too much means that becasue your feet are naturally more flexible, they go over your shoe a bit more. try to strength your feet because as good as it is to have high arches, it's not worth it if you dont have the strength to match it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter